ODS Corporate Giving Guidelines
ODS supports organizations that are defined as nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations by the Internal Revenue Service Code.
ODS supports the following types of organizations:
- Organizations that impact the communities in Alaska , Oregon and Southwest Washington where our employees live and work.
- Organizations that are Health and Human Services oriented. This is defined as programs or events that promote the improvement of the health status of individuals and communities.
- Organizations that support Education and Skill Development of Children and Young Adults.
- Organizations that support the environment.
Please note: ODS may give preference to organizations that our employees are personally involved with that are not Health and Human Services oriented.
ODS Alaska will not provide funding for:
- Religious organizations, unless the program or project they are supporting is classified as a not-for-profit 501(c) (3).
- Organizations that discriminate against individuals based on race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual preference.
- Organizations or events in which the title sponsor is a direct competitor of ODS.
If the organization you are representing meets the gifts and grants guidelines presented above, your organization is eligible to apply for a financial or in-kind donation. All requests must be submitted in writing and include the following:
- A brief description of the requesting organization's purpose, the organization
or project's objectives.
- A detailed description of the type and amount of support being requested.
Requests for contributions may be financial, volunteer related, or in-kind
- A description of the population(s) served by the organization and specifically
who will be served by the program or project for which funding is requested.
(i.e., ethnic groups, women, children, families, etc.).
- A copy of the Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3)-determination letter
designating the requesting organization as a nonprofit, tax-exempt public
- A list of ODS employees (if any) involved with requesting organization.
- A list of the requesting organization's Board of Directors and each
director's business affiliation(s).
- A list of current major contributors and funding levels.
- A calendar of events and fundraising activities for the year the funding
is being requested.
Please forward community giving and sponsorship requests to:
Manager, ODS Agency